The Food Poverty Project
Here in the UK there are many children and families living in Food Poverty. This is described as “an individual or household that isn’t able to obtain healthy and nutritious food or can’t access the food they would like to eat”
In the regions we visit in rural Moldovia, Food Poverty is such that many children and families will go for days with no food at all.
This leads to malnourishment, fatigue and tiredness which ultimately means the children will not go to school. With the help of our UK Volunteers and our UK Youth Volunteers, we raise funds to visit these regions and deliver food parcels to the most affected families.
Please watch the video, you will see the children and families we are trying to help.
What can I do to help?…
For £18, we can purchase a food Package which will last the average family a week. Small donations go a long way to helping these children and families living in Extreme Food Poverty. Here are some ways in which you can help us raise those necessary funds…
- Organise An Event – Maybe a coffee morning with friends, a quiz night in your local pub, a raffle at work, a cake sale at school.
- Get Sponsored – There are many events and challenges that can be joined or organised, like sky-dives, fun runs, bike rides, ask friends, family, neighbours to sponsor you.
- Office, Employee or Business Sponsorship – Fundraising in your office or workplace can be a fun way to raise sprints and morale and raise money. Or can your company help on a larger scale? Maybe they have a Charitable Trust that could make a donation, or Little Edi to be considered their charity of the year.
- Little Edi Events – Come along to our Little Edi planned events, we are fund-raising all year round including walks, car washes, bingo and curry nights.
- Volunteering – We are always looking for more volunteers to assist with our fundraising, making toiletry bags, wrapping and all the everyday tasks involved in our day to day business.
- Donations – For those who just don’t have the time, we do love a simple donation. Donate through our Just Giving Charity Page, or you could join our 200 Club with cash prizes every month, fill out an application form, its only £2 per month.